Miss Universe 2016 Candidates in Terno Fashion Show
Filipino fashion designers honoured
VIGAN CITY, Philippines – Twenty candidates of the Miss Universe 2016 pageant participated in a terno fashion show and program held along Calle Crisologo and Plaza Burgos, Vigan on Sunday, January 15.
The candidates arrived in Vigan at around noon for a taste of the city’s hospitality and culture. They visited the Baluarte Zoo, and tried their hand at loom weaving and jar making.
The Philippines’ own Maxine Medina was joined by:
- Miss Belgium Stephanie Geldof
- Miss Brazil Raissa Santana
- Miss British Virgin Islands Erika Creque
- Miss Bulgaria Violina Ancheva
- Miss Cayman Islands Monyque Brooks
- Miss Czech Republic Andrea Beldekova
- Miss Great Britain Jaime-Lee Faulkner
- Miss Guatemala Virginia Alejandro Argueta
- Miss Malaysia Kiran Jassal
- Miss Netherlands Zoey Ivory
- Miss Nicaragua Marina Jacoby Santos
- Miss Sierra Leone Hawa Kamara
- Miss Singapore Cheryl Chou Zhi Hiu
- Miss Slovak Republic Zuzana Kollarova
- Miss Thailand Chalita Suansane
- Miss USA Deshauna Barber
- Miss Uruguay Magdalena Cohendet
- Miss Venezuela Mariam Habach
- Miss Vietnam Dang Thi Le Hang
A press conference was held at Baluarte, owned by former Ilocos Sur governor and pageant sponsor Luis « Chavit » Singson. There, they also had the opportunity to watch an animal show.
A program at Calle Crisologo followed in the evening, then the fashion show, where the candidates wore ternos by top Filipino designers from Manila and Ilocos. Here’s a look at what the ladies wore for the night!
Release and all photos by Alecs Ongcal/Rappler