Spiced Salmon Kebabs • Brochette de Saumon
Tropics Food by Tropics Magazine
Salmon contains a specific type of unsaturated fat called omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids lower your risk of dying from heart disease, according to Mayo Clinic. The omega-3 fatty acids in salmon help keep your heart healthy by protecting the health of your blood vessels.
SPICED SALMON KEBABS
Easy grilled salmon skewers with garlic and dijon. Juicy with incredible flavor and take less than 30 minutes.
YIELD: Makes 4 servings • ACTIVE TIME: 25 minutes • TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet (preferably wild), cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 lemons, very thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Special equipment:
- 16 bamboo skewers soaked in water 1 hour
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Mix oregano, sesame seeds, cumin, salt, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl to combine; set spice mixture aside.
- Beginning and ending with salmon, thread salmon and folded lemon slices onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs total. Brush with oil and season with reserved spice mixture.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until fish is opaque throughout, 5-8 minutes.
BROCHETTES DE SAUMON MARINE
Des brochettes savoureuses de saumon, bacon et tomates cerises accompagnées par du boulgour bien assaisonné. Une recette légère pour l’été à faire griller !